Saturday, April 21, 2012

TRM Says Thanks to DSVP


Trinity River Mission, TRM - also known as Tutor, Read, Mentor, has been a DSVP investee for two years.  Through after school academic programs, they prepare students for success in school and life.  In a neighborhood that graduates less than 50% of students from high school, TRM students have been graduating on time at higher than 98%.  Believe and Achieve is the program for middle and high school  students.  As part of that, they are Reading Buddies to the younger kids.  Marlenee and Melanie wrote us this letter.






DSVP Partners,
We are happy to hear that TRM has partnered with you.  Because of this partnership other students will have the opportunity to receive programming resources like Melanie and I.  I have been a Reading Buddy for over two years, and even though i have only been with Melanie for  one year, she has turned into a big part of my life.  We both look forward to seeing each other on Wednesday and enjoy reading together.  Knowing that someone looks up to me makes me feel good and encourages me to take better decisions.  Seeing Melanie read on her own also motivates me to continue this partnership.  As a new Believe and Achieve student, i am glad to have a place that offers many programs for all grade levels.  Your partnership with TRM is an investment for my future and Melanie's.
Sincerely,
Marlenee - 11th grade
Melanie - kindergarden


No comments: