- “My-Sites” on the SVPI Intranet – this will be an excellent way for our Partners to gain a national view of the SVP movement and share and learn best practices and resources from other SVP’s. We are planning to host a webinar targeting DSVP partners in the early winter to walk through the different features on the Portal.
- Linked-in – http://www.linkedin.com/ This is a natural place to promote Partners at the local level to connect professionally. We will begin exploring how to best promote events to extend to our Partners’ professional network.
- Face-Book- Face Book is used more personal network and often connects friends and family members. However, it is a great tool for promoting events and even products. There is an “SVP Group” that partners can join, http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19444359000
- Twitter – Have you heard of Twitter.com yet? This is actually a lot like water cooler talk - in an industry or within a social network. You sign up on and start “following” people. Others will “follow” you (if you have something interesting to say). For example, I "follow" others to receive links to research, articles, resources on philanthropy, social innovation/change, etc. Others "follow" me (SCALDWELL) to read my micro-blog on the work of DSVP and my other (volunteer) community work. Life streaming does creep in, especially when one of my kids says something cute. If you want to see what I’m talking about, you can find me on their site http://www.twitter.com/ as: SCALDWELL
- BLOG- As you may know, DSVP launched our Blog last week and can be found at http://dogoodbetter.blogspot.com/. This is a tool that we plan to use much like a newsletter, but more interactive. We think it is an ideal tool to help go deeper in our conversations about the work and educational opportunities.
- VLOG – Video Blogging – you can see an example of this on our BLOG. It is a video invite to the Early Childhood Affinity Group. You can also find it on the “DSVPORG” Channel on http://www.youtube.com/ Partners can subscribe to either our “youtube channel” or our Blog to receive updates.
- Micro-Blogging – currently, I’m micro-blogging via http://www.twitter.com/ as: SCALDWELL
PodCasts – These are Audio files of interviews and presentations that can be listened too from the web or downloaded onto an MP3 player. Our new website will provide a home for these files and will be a source of inspiration and education to new and seasoned partners.
- Widgets – we will have several new widgets on our new website that allow people to subscribe to our blogs, bookmark our site (on http://del.icio.us; digg.com; etc.).
- PayPal- we are establishing a PayPal account so we can begin selling our Little Green Books over the web to other SVP Partners.